Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hiking the Santa Margarita Trail, Fallbrook, Ca.

Nancy and I took the dogs for a hike. I've lived in Fallbrook for almost 20 years and I had never been to the Santa Margarita Trail. It was absolutely beautiful. No need to drive up to the mountains to get away from it all. A wilderness is right here in Fallbrook- about 15 minutes away. Why has it taken me so long to see it?  I'm not much of an outdoors person and definitely not a hiker. But it was a real easy hike even for Artie (Megan's dog) who is old and blind. Nancy's dog, Tootie, loved it and sniffed every stone and blade of grass.
Artie jumps over a log.

Remnants of the big fire in 2007.


A tree grows right out of a rock.

On the way home there was a beautiful sunset. We were stopped at a stoplight by the marque of the Baptist church and Lo and Behold-- A miracle !!  The marque wasn't lit up.  Nancy said "what if it says something about the sunset". Just then the light came on and it said
" Forecast- The Son will shine forever."
I'm not the least bit religious and I certainly don't believe in miracles but for a minute there.....

1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

lovely pics! hope you'll go there again!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails