Friday, January 14, 2011

What is a Zentangle?

Here's the definition from the official Zentangle site:

Zentangle is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is a fascinating new art form that is fun and relaxing. It increases focus and creativity. Zentangle provides artistic satisfaction and an increased sense of personal well being. Zentangle is enjoyed by a wide range of skills and ages and is used in many fields of interest. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas.
I know this doesn't quite explain it but it is something you have to experience to really know what it is.
I was skeptical when my friend, Suzanne McNeil, first told me about it. After taking a class with her, I was hooked and now I'm completely addicted. It's a wonderful addiction, though. It is so relaxing after a stressful day. If you're interested and want to know more about it go to http://zentangle.blogspot.co



3 comments:

Christine H. said...

I can imagine that this could be a very meditative experience. I like the concept very much.

Pat said...

It is fun, isn't it? I'm addicted. Love your zentangle.

Helen Killeen Bauch McHargue said...

I love this one...it has an outer space feeling to it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails