Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Latest theater experience. The Comedy of Errors

I don't usually like Shakespeare but this updated version was very enjoyable. I wish they wouldn't speak "old English" but I suppose that's what the Shakespeare-lovers like. It interferes with my enjoyment having to concentrate so hard to understand. But I guess that's my lack of education showing ! This play took place in New Orleans and had plenty of wonderful New Orleans music and a great set and costumes. It was fun to see a few modern phrases show up now and then - like "Let the good times roll"

Before the performance we had a very nice picnic lunch.  Marge brought sandwiches, potato salad, and chips. Betty brought deviled eggs. Nancy brought fruit salad and homemade cupcakes and I brought store- bought cookies.

This was the scene at the table next to us:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails